- WHO: Former Congressman and Lt. Colonel (RET) Allen West will speak at the Republican Leadership Conference. Other speakers include Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, Reince Priebus, Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, Mike Lee, Marsha Blackburn and Ron Johnson.
- WHAT: The 2014 Republican Leadership Conference brings together many of the nation’s top conservative thought-leaders. Col. West will participate in a Minority Panel before headlining a general session.
- WHERE: Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans
- WHEN: Friday, May 30, 2014. 10: 00 am – Minority Panel (also featuring Sen. Elbert Guillory), Grand Salon 9 & 12. 2:45 pm – General Session address, Main Ballroom
- MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES: Friday, May 30, 2014. 3:15-3:25 pm Media Filing Center
The Allen West Guardian Fund will endorse 14 candidates during the 2014 election cycle. So far, the Fund has endorsed:
Dan Bongino, MD-6 – Special Agent Bongino spent 12 years with the Secret Service and in 2006 he entered into duty with the elite Presidential Protection Division in the administration of President George W. Bush. Bongino remained on protective duty during the change in administration to President Barack Obama, quickly becoming the highest-ranking member of his operational shift of agents. He was designated as the lead agent responsible for the coordination of President Obama’s visits to Prague, Jakarta, amongst a myriad of terror threats, and finally as the lead agent responsible for his visit to an active war zone in Afghanistan.
Upon resigning from the Secret Service in 2011, Bongino began a grassroots campaign for the U.S. Senate. Despite overwhelming odds, he defeated nine opponents in the Republican primary. Bongino finished second in a three-way race in the general election and continues to act as an activist within the community.
Congressman Tom Cotton, AR-Senate – Congressman Cotton represents the Fourth Congressional District of Arkansas. A native of Dardanelle, he graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law School. Cotton clerked for the U.S. Court of Appeals and practiced law before joining the United States Army as an infantry officer. Congressman Cotton spent nearly five years on active duty, deploying to both Iraq and Afghanistan, earning numerous decorations including the Bronze Star Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, and Ranger tab. Most recently, Congressman Cotton worked as a management consultant for McKinsey & Co. He began his first term in Congress in January 2013 and currently sits on the Financial Services and Foreign Affairs Committees.
Larry Kaifesh, IL-8 – Colonel Larry Kaifesh has spent the majority of the last 23 years serving the nation in the United States Marine Corps as an Infantry Officer. Since the September 11 terrorist attacks, Larry has deployed five different times to Iraq and Afghanistan – leading Marines, Sailors and coalition partners against those who wish to do us harm. He is currently a Marine Reservist.
Larry Kaifesh holds a B.A. in Psychology from Indiana University and a M.A. in National Security and Strategic Studies from the United States Naval War College. His military awards include the Bronze Star, Navy Commendation Medal with “V” for Valor in combat, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, and Navy Achievement Medal.
Mia Love, UT-4 – Mia Love is the mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, a city of nearly 20,000 residents and one of the fastest-growing communities in the United States.
Mayor Love was born to Haitian immigrant parents, who fled the oppression and socialism of their island nation. Her parents worked multiple, often menial jobs in order to give their daughter a better life and the opportunity to live the American Dream.
Mayor Love is also a wife and the mother of three beautiful children. When not fighting over-reaching government bureaucracy, she is an avid runner, tread trainer and accomplished singer and dancer.