NBC’s Chuck Todd has published a partial list of the things that the media got wrong on the way to the Hillary Clinton coronation. Any good conservative can look at this list and see that there are things he omitted. He does get it correct in amost everything that he listed. The other things that the media overlooked was that the Democrats fielded a flawed candidate, and they profoundly mischaracterised Donald Trump’s supporters. What do you think is missing from Todd’s list?
As Written By Trey Sanchez for Truth Revolt:
The mainstream media joined Hillary Clinton in defeat in the 2016 presidential election.
If you believe in learning from your mistakes, here is everything we and plenty others seemed to get wrong in the general election:
- That the poll numbers showing Donald Trump’s percentage in the high 30s and low 40s couldn’t grow;
- That a seemingly stable race — with Hillary Clinton holding a consistent lead — wouldn’t change at the end;
- That the votes out of Urban America and its suburbs would overwhelm the votes out of Rural America;
- That Clinton was the one expanding the political map versus Trump doing it;
- That changing demographics assured Democratic success in presidential contests, unless the GOP made an explicit appeal to minority voters;
- That the Obama coalition could be transferred to another Democrat;
- That Trump couldn’t win if he got a lower percentage of white voters than Mitt Romney did four years ago;
- That the party’s that’s more united has the advantage in a presidential contest over the more divide party;
- That the conventions and presidential debates actually mattered;
- That a small band of partisans couldn’t get away with trying to delegitimize the media;
- And that a presidential candidate who demolished so many norms (not releasing tax returns, talking about jailing an opponent, threatening not to respect the election’s outcome) would pay a price for them in the end.
Todd forgot to add another thing the media got wrong: “That Clinton’s federal crimes and rampant corruption would be ignored by voters.” ….
Full Story Here: