With summer upon us, it is starting to get hot and humid outside. The only thing more stifling than the heat and humidity is the dismal economic news resulting from President Obama’s failed policies.
The May unemployment rate of 8.2% is just the tip of the iceberg threatening to take down this great ship called the United States of America. Unfortunately, there’s much more:
- The share of Americans who’ve been out of work a long time — now at 42% of the unemployed — is the highest since the Great Depression (source: Labor Department).
- The proportion of the civilian working-age population actually working, at 58%, is the smallest since the Carter era (Labor Department).
- The rate of new business startups — the engine of job growth — has plunged to an all-time low of 7.87% of all businesses (Census Bureau).
- 3 in 10 young adults can’t find jobs and live with their parents, the highest since the 1950s (Pew Research).
- 54% of bachelor’s degree-holders under the age of 25 are jobless or underemployed, the highest share in decades (Northeastern University).
- Black teen unemployment, now at 37%, is near Depression-era highs (Labor Department).
- Almost 1 in 6 Americans are now poor — the highest ratio in 30 years — and the total number of poor, at 49.1 million, is the largest on record (Census).
- Total government dependency — defined as the share of Americans receiving one or more federal benefit payments — is now at 47%, the highest ever (Hoover).
- Federal spending, now at 23.4% of GDP, is the highest since WWII (CBO).
But liberals simply cannot handle the truth and are incapable of a fact-based discussion of the issues. Instead they continue to try to shift the discussion to divide Americans along economic, racial and gender lines.
To date, it seems their tactic is to attempt to disrupt our events and silence our message. There’s no doubt the paid left-wing mobs who led the failed recall of Governor Scott Walker will turn their attention to our campaign. But rest assured, we will not be silenced.
Palm Beach Campaign Kick-off
Please join us for our 2012 Palm Beach County
Campaign Kickoff on Saturday, June 9, 2012 at the Borland Center, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
The Borland Center is located at 4901 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418. Refreshments will be served.
To RSVP, please mailto:RSVP@ AllenWestforCongress.com
Any questions? Call (772) 600-7123
Thanks for making us official
With your support, our campaign submitted over 8,000 petitions to secure our place on the August primary ballot. We’re proud to have so many voters in Martin, Palm Beach and St. Lucie Counties, and all across Florida putting their name on petitions in support of our campaign.
Don’t miss the Martin County REC BBQ
The Republican Executive Committee is having its annual BBQ Picnic this Saturday, June 9th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Sunlight Saddle Club. Enjoy BBQ with all the fixins, a bake sale, music and lots more. We’ll be there, with all the candidates – hope you will be too. More information here.
Join our Conservative Army this weekend
St Lucie County
Where: Dunkin Donuts (City Hall)
128 SW Port Saint Lucie Blvd
Port Saint Lucie map it
When: Saturday, June 9th at 9:30 a.m.
RSVP: Nina Bechtel
Cell: (772) 834-2332
Thank you for standing with me and our campaign!
Steadfast and Loyal,
LTC Allen B. West, USA, Ret.
Member of Congress