I was browsing through the internet and decided to look up some political party platform positions. It became so interesting that I felt the need to share this with you.
This is in the party introductory statements:
“We are committed to the transformation of capitalism ….”
Does that sound familiar?
These bullet points are on economics:
- We call for a minimum wage of $15 per hour, indexed to the cost of living.
- We call for a full employment policy. We support the provision of a livable guaranteed annual income.
- We call for all financial and insurance institutions to be socially owned and operated by a democratically-controlled national banking authority, which should include credit unions, mutual insurance cooperatives, and cooperative state banks. In the meantime, we call for re-regulation of the banking and insurance industries.
- We call for a steeply graduated income tax and a steeply graduated estate tax, and a maximum income of no more than ten times the minimum. We oppose regressive taxes such as payroll tax, sales tax, and property taxes.
- We call for the restoration of the capital gains tax and luxury tax on a progressive, graduated scale.
Is any of this economically feasible? Who pays for this and how?
This is the opening statement regarding International policy:
“The United States is the sole remaining global superpower. The U.S. government uses its overwhelming military power to consolidate its strategic hold over the entire world and to defend and advance the interests of U.S. owned corporations as they exploit the working people and natural resources of the entire planet. We stand in total opposition to U.S. imperialism and the current “war on terror” which is just another subterfuge for U.S. imperialism.”
The United States of America is the boogeyman?
You will find these points on labor:
- We support the right of any number of interested workers in a workplace to form a union with no limits on the subjects upon which employees and unions may bargain with employers.
- We support the right of public sector workers to strike.
- We call for recognizing a union based on cards signed.
- We call for the democratic control of all unions by their membership, and independent of employer domination and influence.
- We support the right of all workers to engage in collective action and self-representation regardless of union status.
- We support militant, united labor action including hot cargo agreements, and boycotts, factory committees, secondary and sympathy strikes, sit-down strikes, general strikes, and ultimately the expropriation of workplaces.
Only unions have any rights and privileges
Bullet points on housing:
- We call for a vast increase in Section 8 housing subsidies as one element of major public investment in the construction of low cost, scattered site, community-based, high quality housing.
- We call for rent control for all rental units, and the right of tenants to organize.
- We support the formation of non-profit land trusts and of socially owned, tenant controlled housing cooperatives.
- We call for the organization of a housing rehabilitation program aimed at renovating and remodeling existing homes to bring them up to housing and safety codes, as part of a broader public works program.
- We call for an end to home foreclosures.
The Nanny State is responsible for you, but it sure feels good as party policy.
This is filed under “Civil Rights.”
- We condemn the so-called War on Terrorism and call for the immediate repeal of the U.S.A .P.A.T.R.I.O.T Acts and the Anti-terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act.
- We call for the elimination of the Dept.of Homeland Security and the sweeping police powers accorded to it.
- We demand the exclusion of the military from domestic law enforcement.
- We call for the abolition of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- We oppose so-called anti-terrorist measures and criminal code reforms that restrict legitimate dissent.
- We oppose all forms of censorship both legislative and institutional.
There will be no national security?
Surprisingly, you will not find all these statements and many more like them on the National Democrat Party web pages. I know that you have heard similar pronouncements like this from the Democrat left wing. What you did not realize is that this statement of platform I shared with you came from the SOCIALIST PARTY USA: 2013-2015 NATIONAL PLATFORM, http://socialistparty-usa.net/platform.html. Now do you realize how far left the Democrat Party has drifted.
Elections are important. GET OUT THE VOTE. ENSURE A FAIR VOTE.
Vote in seven days.
Paul Clark, CPO USN (ret)
Haze Gray and Underway