DEVELOPING: Explosives found after gunmen open fire on Dallas police outside HQ


Gunshots have been fired near the Dallas Police Department headquarters, prompting a pursuit involving numerous police vehicles and culminating in a standoff.


Police have also discovered four suspicious bags, with at least one containing a pipe bomb. The bomb exploded when being handled by an Explosive Ordinance Robot. No one was injured in the explosion. Police later found two more suspicious packages, according to Dallas police.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown said the shootout began about 12:30 a.m. local time when the suspects pulled up to the building and began firing. He said at least one of the suspects fled the scene in a van that rammed a police cruiser before leading police on the chase that ended at the parking lot. Brown says negotiations are ongoing with the suspect in the van. The has told police that he is injured, but authorities cannot confirm any injuries, reported.

#breaking As the Explosive Ordinance Robot attempted to move one of the bags@DallasPD HQ, the bag exploded on its own #DallasPDShooting

Full Story Continues:

Explosives found after gunmen open fire on Dallas police outside headquarters | Fox News


(CNN)[Breaking news update, posted at 7:38 a.m. ET]

Dallas police found a total of two explosive devices near their headquarters; all suspicious packages found there have now been cleared, police tweeted early Saturday. Police published photos of dozens of bullet holes shot through their headquarters’ windows.

[Breaking news update, posted at 7:04 a.m. ET]

“Dallas SWAT disabled the suspect vehicle with a .50 cal rifle. Standoff is ongoing,” Dallas police said on its confirmed Twitter account Saturday morning.

Explosives experts detonated an explosive device found under a police vehicle, police said in a tweet. No one was injured. Officers are also investigating a suspicious package at a police substation.

[Previous story, posted at 6:51 a.m. ET]

(CNN) — Attackers opened fire on Dallas police headquarters early Saturday, then an armored van parked in front of the building drove off and rammed a squad car, authorities said.

Police returned fire, and the van fled with the suspects.

After the attack, police found suspicious bags near the headquarters. At least one contained explosives, prompting evacuations from areas around the police headquarters.

As an explosives robot approached one of them, it blew up, Maj. Max Geron tweeted. No one was injured.

Authorities believe up to four people may have opened fire from various locations with automatic weapons, including from the van, said Police Chief David Brown.


Dallas PD

Leave a Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.