Any informed voter is aware of George Orwell and his novel, then a movie, 1984. The bad guy in this movie was Big Brother, a government in charge of everything in your life. It could be considered Political Correctness running on steroids today. In this article, you will take a look at a financial and social Big Brother, Amazon. At this rate of growth, Amazon will be in charge of about 75% of your life. It may be time for someone to take a look at this monopoly before it takes over the world.
As Written By Rebecca Zisser for Axios:
- Amazon is reportedly working on not one, but two social media networks: Spark, a shopping social network, will rival Pinterest’s social commerce network and Anytime, a standalone messaging app, which could rival WeChat, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Advertising revenue is skyrocketing: Amazon made nearly $1.4 billion in advertising revenue last year — more than Snapchat, Yelp or Pandora. Per eMarketer, it’s slated to grow its ad business by another 30% this year to $1.8 billion. On its Q2 earnings call, Amazon CFO Brian Olsavsky said there’s an accelerated growth in hiring for Amazon’s ad sales and web services teams.
- Amazon is becoming content king: It poured $4.5 billion into content this year, including $12 million on Sundance to beat out studios for Oscar-winning and Emmy-nominated content.
- It’s dominating voice and starting to eat at search: Amazon’s Echo dominates the digital voice assistant market with 70.6% of users using Echo over other devices, according to eMarketer. Reports surfaced last week that Amazon quietly acquired a data startup in May to boost Alexa search. The company has been beefing up its search presence to take on Google and Microsoft.
- Prime is the new hot video and live destination: Prime is becoming a key destination for video distribution, as cable subscriptions dwindle and Prime subscriptions rise. It’s landing major ….
THERE IS MORE HERE: