The Veteran Opportunity to Work Act of 2011
- Read the bill (H.R. 2433)
- Miller Introduces Milestone Veteran Employment Legislation
- Miller Introduces Tax Incentive to Hire Veterans
- Getting Veterans Back to Work — Op-Ed by Chairman Jeff Miller, National Review
- Send us your comments and thoughts on #HVAC #VOWact at
- What others are saying about the VOW Act.
- VOW Act Media
VOW to Act
THERE ARE AN ALARMING number of unemployed veterans in the United States – over 1 million today. As Iraq and Afghanistan veterans come home, and as Vietnam, Cold War, and Persian Gulf War veterans can’t find or lose their jobs, the economy is losing some of its best and brightest leaders and workers.
The House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs is committed to helping the men and women who have served our nation and protected our Liberty compete in today’s austere economic climate through comprehensive legislation that provides a 360 solution to veteran unemployment.
Introducing the Veteran Opportunity to Work Act of 2011 (H.R. 2433). VOW to act today!
Veterans Out of Work
- Vietnam Era Veterans: 236,000
- Cold War Era Veterans: 258,000
- Persian Gulf War Era Veterans: 182,000
- Iraq and Afghanistan Era Veterans: 192,000
A Preview of the VOW Act
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ MORE : Job House Committee on Veterans Affairs
Just tweeted by Congressman Allen West ” @HouseVetAffairs: Pass the #VOWAct today – a huge step #4jobs4vets. Learn more at http://t.co/WPvIuFCd ” 4:26pm 10/11/11