The first remnants of the 1,500 strong ‘Caravan of Refugees’ have reached the Mexico-United States border in Tijuana. So far, this has received little, if any, attention from the mainstream media. When the caravan began at the Mexico-Guatemala border, the coverage was just breathless. Now that it is down to a trickle, there is not much interest.
As Written and Reported By Joseph Curl for the Daily Wire:
Remember that caravan that the mainstream media — and Mexican officials — said was no longer heading to the U.S.-Mexico border?
Yeah, they arrived at the border.
The story of the marching caravan — 1,500 refugees strong — was all over the news for a week, with the MSM breathlessly covering the plight of the poor refugees who surely deserved free entry into the United States. But the story disappeared as outlets reported that the caravan was no longer heading to the border.
“The first 50 Central American migrants in a caravan that set out from southern Mexico in late March have reached the U.S. border, now secured with help from National Guard personnel sent by President Donald Trump,” Newsmax reported on Friday.
Since peaking at around 1,500 people, the migrant caravan has dwindled under pressure from Trump and Mexican migration authorities, who vowed to separate those migrants with a right to stay in Mexico from those who did not.
Some of those migrants began arriving in the Mexican border city of Tijuana on Wednesday and have requested asylum in the United States.
“Since yesterday, some began to cross into the United States to turn themselves in from Tijuana and request asylum. We understand more of (the migrants) will do the same,” said Jose Maria Garcia, director of Juventud 2000, an organization dedicated to assisting ….
KEEP READING THERE IS WAY MORE HERE: