Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has expressed that Russia will not accept the United States strikes on Syria. The Russian defense of Syria’s President Assad now brings a warning to the United States that we are one step from war. It appears that President Trump will not be intimidated by Vladimir Putin and has responded. Are we in real danger of war? Read this and decide.
As Written By John Stevens In London and Tom Leonard In New York and Ian Drury for the Daily Mail and Nick Enoch for MailOnline:
- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev denounced Donald Trump
- In the first direct American raid on Bashar al Assad’s forces, US President authorised the firing of 59 cruise missiles at military airfield
- Officials said it was retaliation for Assad’s use of chemical weapons
- US ambassador to UN: ‘We are prepared to do more but we hope that will not be necessary’
- Vladimir Putin has now diverted warship the Admiral Grigorovich to protect the Syrian coast
- Syrian aircraft took off from al-Shayrat airfield on Friday in apparent act of defiance
The Kremlin has warned the US it is ‘one step from war’ over Syria – but the Trump administration hit back by saying it would be prepared to carry out airstrikes again.
In the first direct American raid on Bashar al Assad’s forces, President Trump authorised the firing of 59 cruise missiles at a military airfield.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev denounced the US for attacking ‘the legitimate government of Syria’ and for allegedly breaking international law without the approval of the UN.
Mr Medvedev said: ‘This military action is a clear indication of the US president’s extreme dependency on the views of the Washington establishment, the one that the new president strongly criticised in his inauguration speech.’ …….
KEEP READING HERE: