When the State Dept. investigates itself, it usually gives itself a pass and a pat on the back. Well, that is not going to work this time. With all the Congressional and media interest in the question and the deletion, Secretary of State John Kerry has decided that State needs to delve further. When a question about misleading the public to pass the Iran Nuclear deal is deleted from an interview, questions as to motive and rationale arise. Who ordered the deletion and for what reason? We may never know. The State Dept. is investigating itself, again. Don’t hold your breath.
As Written By Julian Hattem for The Hill:
The State Department is backing off from its decision to close the book on an investigation into an edited video of a 2013 press briefing.
Despite claiming last week that the department would not continue to dig to find out who deleted the roughly eight minutes of videotape from a YouTube archive of the briefing, it has reversed course following an order from Secretary John Kerry.
“We’re going to continue to look at additional troves of information in an effort to find out, again, what happened,” spokesman Mark Toner told reporters on Wednesday. “That is basically because the secretary said he wants to dive deeper into this, look more into what happened, and try to get to the bottom of what happened.
“And so, what our office of legal adviser did was go back and look at what are other areas where there could be information.” ……..
Full Story Here: